Monday, July 13, 2009

Nagoya Trip - Ending with Desserts @ Summer Fest

On the last day of my visit to 4th largest city in Japan, Nagoya. It's definitely a day to search for souveniors for my friends, colleagues and family. One of the best choice would be Food - Rice Crackers or Biscuits, Cheese Cakes, Green Tea Cakes, etc..All which are nicely packed into boxes and wrapped with most presentable packaging. In Japan, everything sold in department stores and shopping malls are presentable as presents, even if it's not a pricey one such as apron, travelling hand cream or the edible range ones e.g. biscuits and chocolates.

Since it was my brother's birthday and he loves cheesecake. Me and my mom went to Takashimaya and Meitetsu's Food section in the department store for our search of the best possible cheesecakes. I was overwhelmed with the amount and crowd in the department store as all of the desserts and food in the fridge are so delicious looking!! And you would feel like there's no ending to the desserts....

Varieties of biscuits...range from rice crackers to macaroons shown as the below picture..

Look at all the wonderful colours of macaroons.. Looks like rainbow colours to me!

Another famous desserts for the Japanese families.. Swiss Rolls, they love Asian taste of Swiss rolls, such as Green Tea, Black Sesame, Orange flavours.

Look at the size and height of the sponge cake!! As tall as a miniature Takashimaya. :)

This is my favourite corner - Green Tea dessert corner: Green tea Tiramisu, green tea mousse, green tea cakes and Swiss roll, green tea pudding..it is never ending.

Japanese love deep fried food too, these range from deep fried potatoes, deep fried shrimps with crumbs, deep fried chicken.. The Hot Food corner.

These are more of a healthy Japanese food range. Vegetable Broth, Vegetable Pickles and Seaweed Selection.

Another favourite Japanese pancake of mine, this is a Japanese Anpan. Lots of Adzuki Bean (Red Bean) in the pancake for 90Yen! I love the Adzuki bean paste as you would be able to taste the bite size of it.. Yummy!

Mochi Cream - Mochi is made of rice flour wrapped with different flavours of cream such as Chocolate, Coffee, Vanilla, Orange, Green Tea, Yam...and the list goes on!

Both myself and mom were in dilemma, if we were to choose the above Japanese steamed cheesecake topped with Philly-cream cheesed..or another choice of cheesecake~

The cheese mousse cake we've chosen for our brother - Blackforest with layer of lemon cream cheese topped with fresh cherries and peaches..

I hope the pictures shown from the above didn't tempt you too much to have some sweet desserts. hehe. I've learned a lot from this trip to Japan on the culture in Japan. They are very friendly people, soft spoken, environmentally friendly and more to that, they work very efficiently. As all of you would have know, alot of the latest technologies were introduced from Japan. I wished I could get a new camera the next time I go to Japan for another visit. But, probably not anytime soon. It costs me a BOMB to spend on food and transportation costs! Oh well, what more can I say as Japan is one of the highest standard cost of living country in the world. Overall, I think this trip is a very fruitful one in terms on FOOD and Sightseeing in Nagoya. ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment