Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Desserts in Hong Kong @ 發記甜品

Hong Kong Dessert Delights is my all time favourite~ Rather than going for the normal dairy ice-cream, Ice-kacang (ABC) and Cendol with santan flavour, I always love desserts made with fresh fruits ingredients. In Hong Kong, you will find lots of local desserts which are made from fresh fruits which are available during the season. For example, when I was in Hong Kong, you will find Mango pudding, Mango cakes, and Cherry cakes. Even then, I felt much 'healthier' as the natural sweetness mostly came from the fruits itself.

Today, I would like to introduce you to Lucky Dessert House, which serves mouth-watering local Hong Kong desserts delight. It has a long list of menu consisting various types of hot and cold desserts.

Lucky Dessert House which we dined in Mongkok branch.

Long list of desserts they serve: Hot and Cold desserts, 'Tau fu fa' / Beancurd selection, Glutinous Rice Ball selection, Desserts with Sago selection, Pancake & Crepes selection, King of Fruits (Durian) selection. I was surprise to see quite a number of customers who ordered and have Durian desserts..didn't know local Hong Kong would love Durians.


Lucky Dessert Chef Recommended Selection

Mung Bean Soup Dessert with Black Pearls

I would say this mung bean dessert is definitely Must-Try. I don't see this type of small (as small as fish roe) black pearl with a texture that tasted like 'Konyaku Jelly'. It tasted very crunchy when you chew the black pearl.


See the amount of Mung Bean and Black Pearls in the bowl. It is a very reasonable priced dessert given the amount of the ingredients in it.

Chilled Mango Sago Cream with Pomelo and Black Jelly

My Favourite Dessert!! I almost had it every other day when I was in HK that week. The Mango Sago Cream - milk blended with mango bits, tasted delicious and yet not too sweet. There's also lots of pomelo in it and by just looking at the picture, you know how much mango in that bowl has..


Look at the cube size of Mangoes and Black Jelly.. My tummy was 90% filled when I ate most of it..I wonder where they get those mangoes as they are very sweet and juicy, just like those Indian Mangoes!

Banana Crepe with powdered sugar served with Strawberries

Another specialty of Lucky Dessert which was nicely presented. The banaa in it was served hot and the layer of Crepe is thin and very crispy. On topped of it was served with Powdered Icing Sugar.
Lucky dessert has received very good word of mouth in Hong Kong, especially one of its branch in Causeway Bay (as its a place where people hang out late night). It is always crowded with locals as well as tourist from other countries such as Japanese, Taiwanese and the Mainland. I think its desserts are one of the best quality served I've tasted so far in Dessert Houses.
Address: 25-27 Soy Street, Mongkok, Hong Kong. (4 minutes walk from MTR Mongkok Station Exit E2) 香港九龍旺角豉油街25-27號
Tel: 23328919
Opening Hours: 1300 – 0200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment